Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Pennsylvania Highlands Community College. The College only accepts employment applications and required materials such as cover letters, curriculum vitas, resumés, and unofficial transcripts electronically through our online application system. Please browse our list of openings by clicking on Employment Opportunities. Candidates may review openings at their leisure for which they might be qualified and apply online. Please be advised that the below application & hiring process applies to administrative, staff, and full-time faculty positions only.
If you are applying for a part-time faculty position (Adjuncts, Continuing Education), please follow the application instructions on the website for the specific position. If there is an interest in your application, the appropriate hiring department will contact you.
How to Apply
- After reviewing an opening you may be qualified for, click the employment application link within the job posting to apply online. Those applicants who are applying for more than one position are required to submit a separate application for each position.
- Please specify the exact job title you are applying for as it is listed on our website in your employment application. If the same position is needed at multiple locations, please specify which location you are interested in as well.
- Submit your completed employment application with all required materials by the application deadline. Applications submitted without all required materials are incomplete and therefore, there is no guarantee that your application will be considered.
- Once you have submitted your application, an automatic message appears thanking you for your submission. Also, you will receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please check your spam and junk folders.
- Due to the volume of applications received per position, we ask that you please do not follow up in regards to the status of your application. Please check our employment opportunities website periodically for updated status information regarding the position.
- Human Resources will review applications submitted by the application deadline for minimum qualifications as required by the job description.
- Those candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be forwarded to the hiring manager or search committee for further review.
- Once reviewed by the hiring manager or search committee, Human Resources will contact only those candidates selected for an interview. Due to the volume of applications received per position, we are unable to reach out to all candidates that applied.
- Finalist candidates will undergo reference checks via Skill Survey. Human Resources will coordinate the reference check process with the candidate.
- Depending upon the position, a second interview may be required.
- Finalist candidates for full-time positions will have a final interview with the President, Dr. Steve Nunez. Faculty candidates must also complete a teaching demonstration during their second interview.
- All offers of employment with the College are contingent upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks. Please review our Pre-Employment Background Check Information page for more detailed information regarding this process.
If you have any further questions, please review our Job Search FAQs page.