Commencement for the Twenty-Eighth Graduating Class will be held on Friday, May 12th, 2023 in the Richland Campus Auditorium beginning at 7PM.
Tickets will be distributed in early May after we confirm how many graduates are walking. They will have your names on them. If you need handicap tickets, please contact Student Activities.
Guests should arrive no later than 6:45 pm to gain entrance to the auditorium.
For those who do not have a ticket, they will still be able to spend the evening with you on campus. They will be directed to the live-streaming areas on campus. This is also a great location for children to watch.
Commencement will be live-streamed on the College’s YouTube channel. Any device with internet access and/or a data plan will be able to watch live.
Each graduate will be photographed on stage with the President after receiving their diploma.
- The photos will be available to download at this link.
Please try your gown on as soon as you get home and contact Student Activities if you have any problems.
- Everyone should have a gown, hat, and tassel. You may decorate your cap!
- You will keep your regalia.
- Please wear business casual/professional clothing and shoes.
- If wearing heels, please make sure you can walk comfortably and up and down stairs.
Honors are based on the GPA you have earned by the end of the Fall 2022 semester.
- It must be a cumulative (throughout your time at Penn Highlands) 3.5 or higher.
- Honor cords will be awarded at the Student Recognition Ceremony on Thursday, April 27, 2023, at 6pm in the Richland Campus Auditorium.
If you are close to a 3.5, your GPA will be reassessed on Friday, May 12, and if you obtained a 3.5 or higher, your honor cord will be distributed to you on your chair on the day of Commencement.
Phi Theta Kappa Regalia
If you have not ordered your Phi Theta Kappa Regalia, please log in to the website by clicking here. Click on shop, then the graduation link. Penn Highlands Students wear the double cord, honors stole, and tassel. Do not purchase medallions.
Sigma Alpha Pi Regalia
If you have not ordered your Sigma Alpha Pi Regalia, please log in to the website by clicking here. Then, go to shop. Use your email address used to log in to order your regalia. Penn Highlands students wear the double cord, honors stole, and tassel. Do not purchase medallions.
Graduates report to East Hills Main Gymnasium. Guests will go to the Auditorium.
All students should arrive by 6:15 pm with gown, cap, and tassel.
Graduates: name cards that will be handed to the Vice President during the ceremony will be distributed as you enter the gym, and your name will be on the chairs in alphabetical order according to your degree. Please know what degree (AA, AAS, AS, Diploma, and Certificate) you are receiving.
- Graduates will be called to the hallway to line up for the procession and will fill all empty seats.
- Please take your name card with you. Mark your name phonetically, (i.e., Brugh – Brew)!
- Graduates will follow the Mace Carrier and Faculty Marshalls who will direct you into your seats in the auditorium.
- Please advance to the stage when your degree group is announced.
- Graduates will hand their name card to the Vice President.
- You will proceed across stage and accept your diploma cover in your left hand.
- Graduates will shake hands with Dr. Steve Nunez, College President while having their photo taken.
- Please return to your seat.
- After all graduates have received their degree, you will move your tassel right to left when instructed to do so.
- Graduates will process following the Mace Carrier.
- Only Spring (May) graduates will receive their diploma this evening. December diplomas were already distributed, and summer grads will have them mailed when completing their course work. All graduates will be handed a diploma cover.
Photographer: Each graduate will be photographed with the President. The photos will be available at this link.
Pick up your cap and gown on Wednesday, April 12th (in conjunction with the Job, Internship, and Transfer Fair) from 10:30am-2pm in the East Hills Gymnasium at our Richland Campus OR Thursday, April 13th in the Main Hallway in the Richland Campus between 9:30am-2pm or 4pm-6:45pm.
Your cap and gown will be processed by the height and weight indicated on your graduation application.
Guest tickets will be determined by the number of graduates walking and will be distributed in early May.
Blair, Ebensburg, Huntingdon, and Somerset Graduates:
We personally invite you to attend the Job, Internship, and Transfer Fair at the Richland Campus but understand if you cannot. We will forward your cap and gown to your College location the week of April 10th.
*Please note: A special graduation rehearsal meeting will not be held, as we know you all have complicated schedules. We are sensitive to your busy lives.
Questions? Please email Student Activities or call 814.262.6491.