Since March 2019, 2,868 jobs were posted by companies in our region for professionals in this field. The median salary for a mental health counselor is $46,077 per year. (Source: EMSI Career Coach)
Do you constantly find yourself asking “why” or “how”? If so, you have something in common with ancient Greek philosophers like Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and Homer. All asked questions about life and the mind. What is the relationship between mind and body? How do we know if the world is really what we think it is?
Today’s psychologists study many fascinating questions. Why is learning a language as an infant easier than as a teenager? What are the roots of violence? What is the best way to help someone with an eating disorder?
Psychology is defined as the science of mental processes and behavior. With a degree in Psychology, you learn all about the mind and more, including theories of development, learning, cognition, and behavior!
Our Psychology degree is an Associate of Arts, meaning it is designed to help any student easily transfer his or her associate degree credits from Penn Highlands to any bachelor’s degree in Psychology or a related field at a four-year institution. Be confident in knowing that a degree from Penn Highlands will give you the foundation necessary to succeed in a psychology-related field.Apply Now Paying For College Schedule Visit Request Information
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the theories in psychology.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of psychological research geared towards being an informed consumer of social science research.
- Use critical thinking skills to make supportable arguments.
- Apply psychological principles to personal, social, and organizational issues.
- Recognize basic ethical issues in psychological research settings and applied psychological settings.
- Demonstrate professional communication skills through written, oral, and electronic methods.
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College’s Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Psychology program.
Your ability to start here and earn a bachelor’s degree anywhere makes Penn Highlands the right college choice. Plus, you will save thousands of dollars. Be smart, and get your associate degree with us before transferring on to something greater.
Penn Highlands has signed transfer agreements to continue your studies in Psychology with:
- American Public University
- Bloomsburg University
- California University of Pennsylvania
- Carlow University
- Cheyney University
- Clarion University
- DeSales University
- East Stroudsburg University
- Edinboro University
- Franklin University
- Grand Canyon University
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Juniata College
- Kaplan University
- Kutztown University
- La Roche University
- Lincoln University
- Lock Haven University
- Mansfield University
- Millersville University
- Mount Aloysius College
- Potomac College
- Robert Morris University
- Saint Francis University
- Saint Joseph’s University
- Seton Hill University
- Shippensburg University
- Slippery Rock University
- Southern New Hampshire University
- Susquehanna University
- University of Maryland Global Campus
- University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- West Chester University
- Western Governor’s University
Ready? Schedule a visit to discuss your future. Transfer options are different based on the college you plan to attend; our team can help you determine the right path for what you are looking for.