The Pre-Health Professions: Nursing program aims to establish a strong foundation for students looking to transfer into a two or four-year healthcare program. The curriculum is designed to equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills required for admission into a variety of health-related fields. With a focus on biology, anatomy, and mathematics, students will develop a solid background to support their chosen health career path.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to smoothly transition into a two or four-year program of study in nursing or health science. This will serve as a solid foundation for their future pursuits in these fields.
- Identify anatomical structures and explain physiological aspects and functions of the human body.
- Demonstrate the use of scientific and mathematical reasoning in the critical analysis and evaluation of problems and in the development of research-based solutions.
- Discuss the mental processes and behavior associated with human psychology.
- Demonstrate mastery of vocabulary and appropriate terminology to effectively communicate information related to anatomy and physiology
Your ability to start here and earn a bachelor’s degree anywhere makes Penn Highlands the right college choice. Plus, you will save thousands of dollars. Be smart, and get your associate degree with us before transferring on to something greater.
Penn Highlands has signed transfer agreements to continue your studies in Pre-Health Professions with:
- Mount Aloysius College
- University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
Ready? Schedule a visit to discuss your future. Transfer options are different based on the college you plan to attend; our team can help you determine the right path for what you are looking for.