With a basis in Liberal Arts & Sciences, you’ll be given the ability to broaden your horizons and expand your educational pursuits. You’re not going to learn the ability to perform one specific job; rather, you will be equipped with the knowledge to continue your education or enter the workforce as a well-rounded employee! You’ll learn how to think critically, communicate effectively, and pull together knowledge from many disciplines; get the skills you’ll need to be successful in any career.
Study what excites you, as well as take some courses that challenge you! With a large number of open electives available, students can tailor their programs to their individual needs and interests.
Our Liberal Arts & Sciences degree is an Associate of Arts, meaning it is designed to be easily transferable, allowing the associate degree credits earned from Penn Highlands to be shifted to any bachelor’s degree at a four-year institution. Be confident in knowing that a degree from Penn Highlands will give you the foundation necessary to succeed!
Students may choose to pursue one of the available concentrations. Pathway courses are taken as part of the open elective course requirements of the degree. Successful completion of a pathway will be indicated on the transcript as a Concentration in the selected path.
- Effectively design a plan for successful transfer into the chosen four-year major and make an informed decision in order to choose a proper career path.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate and interact (both in writing and orally) with a diverse population.
- Apply skills to solve basic technical and mathematical problems.
- Demonstrate a critical appreciation for the creative process in art, music, literature, and/or language.
Your ability to start here and earn a bachelor’s degree anywhere makes Penn Highlands the right college choice. Plus, you will save thousands of dollars. Be smart, and get your associate degree with us before transferring on to something greater.
Penn Highlands has signed transfer agreements to continue your studies in Liberal Arts & Sciences with*:
- American Public University
- Bloomsburg University
- California University of Pennsylvania
- Cheyney University
- Clarion University
- DeSales University
- East Stroudsburg University
- Edinboro University
- Franklin University
- Grand Canyon University
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Juniata College
- Kaplan University
- Kutztown University
- LaRoche College
- Lock Haven University
- Mansfield University
- Millersville University
- Mount Aloysius College
- Penn State University
- Potomac College
- Robert Morris University
- Saint Joseph’s University
- Shippensburg University
- Slippery Rock University
- Susquehanna University
- University of Maryland Global Campus
- University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- West Chester University
- Western Governor’s University
*Multiple pathways are available for a variety of majors.
Ready? Schedule a visit to discuss your future. Transfer options are different based on the college you plan to attend; our team can help you determine the right path for what you are looking for.