Since July 2019, 40,011 jobs were posted by companies in our region for professionals in this field. The median salary for a registered nurse is $67,248 per year. (Source: EMSI Career Coach)
The Certificate in Pre-Health Professions is designed to provide the foundation for transfer to a two or four-year program in a healthcare field. This program is designed to prepare students for admission to various health-related fields. In this program, biology, anatomy, and mathematics will provide students with a solid background toward their chosen health career program.
Graduates of this program will be prepared for transfer to a two or four-year program of study in nursing or health science programs.Apply Now Paying For College Schedule Visit Request Information
- Identify anatomical structures and explain physiological aspects and functions of the human body.
- Demonstrate the use of scientific and mathematical reasoning in the critical analysis and evaluation of problems and in the development of research-based solutions.
- Discuss the mental processes and behavior associated with human psychology.
- Demonstrate mastery of vocabulary and appropriate terminology to effectively communicate information related to anatomy and physiology.
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College’s Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Pre-Health Professions program.
Your ability to start here and earn a bachelor’s degree anywhere makes Penn Highlands the right college choice. Plus, you will save thousands of dollars. Be smart, and get your associate degree with us before transferring on to something greater.
Penn Highlands has signed transfer agreements to continue your studies in Pre-Health Professions with:
- Mount Aloysius College
- University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
Ready? Schedule a visit to discuss your future. Transfer options are different based on the college you plan to attend; our team can help you determine the right path for what you are looking for.