The Certificate in Pre-Health Professions is designed to provide the foundation for transfer to a two or four-year program in a healthcare field. This program is designed to prepare students for admission to various health-related fields. In this program, biology, anatomy, and mathematics will provide students with a solid background toward their chosen health career program.
Graduates of this program will be prepared for transfer to a two or four-year program of study in nursing or health science programs.
- Identify anatomical structures and explain physiological aspects and functions of the human body.
- Demonstrate the use of scientific and mathematical reasoning in the critical analysis and evaluation of problems and in the development of research-based solutions.
- Discuss the mental processes and behavior associated with human psychology.
- Demonstrate mastery of vocabulary and appropriate terminology to effectively communicate information related to anatomy and physiology
Your ability to start here and earn a bachelor’s degree anywhere makes Penn Highlands the right college choice. Plus, you will save thousands of dollars. Be smart, and get your associate degree with us before transferring on to something greater.
Penn Highlands has signed transfer agreements to continue your studies in Pre-Health Professions with:
- Mount Aloysius College
- University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
Ready? Schedule a visit to discuss your future. Transfer options are different based on the college you plan to attend; our team can help you determine the right path for what you are looking for.