Interested in healthcare? Become a patient care technician and work under the supervision of a nurse or a physician. Patient care technicians can perform duties such as responding to patient calls, assisting patients with personal hygiene, serving meals, assisting with therapies, and monitoring vital signs.
Our certificate allows students the ability to provide basic care including emotional, physical, psychological, and spiritual support to patients of all age groups in a variety of healthcare settings. Students will learn how to perform procedures in a safe and therapeutic manner while in compliance with federal/state mandates.
The Patient Care Technician certificate is designed to provide students with the education and skills necessary to become an effective member of any healthcare team as a certified patient care technician.
- Demonstrate effective written/oral communication with patients, families, and other health care team members.
- Display professional conduct, appearance, and ethical behavior when providing PCT care.
- Provide basic care including emotional, physical, psychological, and spiritual support to patients of all age groups in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Perform PCT procedures in a safe and therapeutic manner while in compliance with federal/state mandates.
- Exhibit the use of relevant technology in the implementation of patient care while maintaining compliance with laws related to Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Implement basic safety and infection control practices in the health care setting.
- Function effectively as a member of the health care team.
- Become a certified patient care technician.