Have you always wanted to work in the medical field? Do you like helping people and making sure they are feeling strong and healthy? If you have this urge and want to be that generous person who helps people into exam rooms, takes vital signs, and helps run the office, then you would love to have a career as a medical assistant.
Our Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Medical Assisting Technology can help you fulfill your dream of working in a medical office. Students in this program will learn how to assist doctors with basic administrative and clinical tasks. They will know how to manage the office, handle medical billing, deal with insurance coding procedures, and more.
After degree completion, these students will be able to enter the medical profession as confident professionals, able to take vitals while running an entire office. Graduates are eligible to apply for and take the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) exam.
- Perform administrative duties in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Perform clinical duties in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Demonstrate entry-level skill in applying concepts of coding, insurance billing, finance, and office procedures.
- Demonstrate computer literacy and basic knowledge of software applications.
- Develop interpersonal and team participation skills in a variety of settings.
- Implement critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Utilize teaching-learning techniques to identify, implement, and evaluate the health education needs of patients.
- Apply legal guidelines and ethical standards in everyday practice.
Your ability to start here and earn a bachelor’s degree anywhere makes Penn Highlands the right college choice. Plus, you will save thousands of dollars. Be smart, and get your associate degree with us before transferring on to something greater.
Penn Highlands has signed transfer agreements to continue your studies in Medical Assisting Technology with:
- Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Saint Francis University
- Seton Hill University
Ready? Schedule a visit to discuss your future. Transfer options are different based on the college you plan to attend; our team can help you determine the right path for what you are looking for.