Since June 2018, 601 jobs were posted by companies in our region for professionals in this field. The median salary for a childcare program administrator is $49,660 per year. (Source: EMSI Career Coach)
Do you have the desire to ensure the children at your own child care facility are provided with the most exceptional care and education? This certificate will offer you the ability to further your career in that area.
The PA Director Credential is designed for current and future directors and owners of Early Childhood and Education programs. Students will cover such things as leadership, program quality, organization and administration, business management, and curriculum and pedagogy.
Graduates will be eligible to apply for the PA Key Director Core Certificate, and they should be preferred candidates for director positions in programs participating in Pennsylvania’s Quality Initiative: Keystone Stars.Apply Now Paying For College Schedule Visit Request Information
- Identify, design and implement ongoing assessments of child’s progress.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative evaluation to assess the effectiveness of desired outcomes.
- Establish and maintain community relationships and utilize resources by participating in collaborative programs that advance awareness of professional child care and early childhood education. Demonstrate the incorporation of information into management duties.
- Provide a safe and healthy physical environment through the application of the federal, state, and local regulations.
- Apply best practice standards and accreditation as indicated through the development of policy, procedure, and practice which are inclusive of all special needs children.
- Implement strong program management policies that result in high-quality services.
- Utilize leadership concepts, best business practices, and adhere to the laws and regulations of the federal, state, and local government.
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College’s Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our PA Director Credential program.
Penn Highlands Online offers a flexible learning opportunity that can not only fit your mobile, on-the-go lifestyle, but can be completely personalized around your schedule. Through the College’s Online Campus, you can complete a certificate in PA Director Credential. Please reference the following course progression chart for an idea of the coursework necessary to complete this program online.
|Timeline: PA Director Credential Online Certificate|
|Summer 1 Semester (May – August)|