Do you enjoy technical, hands-on work and have been in your field long enough to share your leadership with others? Or, are you just starting out and want to explore the technical fields? Either way, our Entrepreneurship program will help you figure out your future.
Our Entrepreneurship degree allows experienced students to use their technical training through credit for life experience, military transcripts, or diplomas from career and technology centers. For those just starting out, the degree provides students with a strong foundation in technology and computer-based applications. Graduates will have the basics of communication, math, science, and management to increase their marketability.
This degree is built for those with technical training or technical interest who are open to the rewarding and challenging world of entrepreneurship. Students learn the basics of communication, math, science, and business management concepts, increasing their marketability or ability to start their own business. Graduates will be prepared to enter their field with enhanced skills or to advance from within with confidence and ease.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic management and leadership principles.
- Develop strong communication and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve complex problems/issues.
- Advance in a career, building on already acquired skills and competencies.
Your ability to start here and earn a bachelor’s degree anywhere makes Penn Highlands the right college choice. Plus, you will save thousands of dollars. Be smart, and get your associate degree with us before transferring on to something greater.
Penn Highlands has signed transfer agreements to continue your studies in Entrepreneurship with:
- Saint Francis University
- Seton Hill University
Ready? Schedule a visit to discuss your future. Transfer options are different based on the college you plan to attend; our team can help you determine the right path for what you are looking for.
Entrepreneurship provides a degree completion (accelerated format) option through the College’s Online Campus, allowing students to complete the degree in just 16 months. This accelerated degree completion program provides students with the ability to apply their previous learning towards earning this associate’s degree. This program is ideal for students who have earned and learned through previously completed college credits, on-the-job training and life experiences, military credits, or technical training or certification.
To be eligible for this accelerated format, students are required to have obtained a minimum of 15 additional credits in technical electives through prior learning and experience. The number of credits awarded is determined through an official evaluation. Official documents such as transcripts, diplomas, and/or training certifications must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office to begin the evaluation process.
Timeline: Entrepreneurship Online Degree Fall 1 Semester (August – December)
- ACP 100 – Academic and Career Planning
- BUS 110 – Introduction to Business
- ENG 110 – English Composition 1
- MAT 110 – Business Mathematics
- CIT 100 – Microcomputer Applications
Spring 1 Semester (January – May)
- LIF 111 – Health and Wellness
- BUS 220 – Small Business Management
- BUS 210 – Business Law
- COM 101 – Public Speaking
- BUS 125 – Management Principles
Summer 1 Semester (May – August)
- BUS 230 – Principles of Marketing
- AST 100 – Introduction to Astronomy
Fall 2 Semester (August – December)
- Social Science Elective
- BUS 225 – Business Ethics
- ENG 220 – Business Letter and Report Writing
- ACC 100 – Introduction to Accounting
Spring 2 Semester (January – May)
- May be used to lighten the credit load for previous semesters.