Since November 2018, 19,937 jobs were posted by companies in our region for professionals in this field. The median salary for a first-line supervisor is $55,777 per year. (Source: EMSI Career Coach)
Have you always wanted to be an entrepreneur? Has starting a business and creating your own niche always been a dream that you want to become a reality? Become your own boss with assistance from our Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Business Management degree. With this degree in your back pocket, be ready to create your own success.
Our Business Management degree not only teaches students the ins and outs of running a business, it also helps students develop true leadership skills at various levels. Students will become strong leaders by gaining a foundation in general business knowledge and skills, an introduction to theories and concepts, an introduction to total quality management, and so much more.
Leaders are being developed every single day through the A.A.S. in Business Management degree! Are you ready to step up, take control, and lead others? This degree will prepare you to walk off the graduation stage and into your own business.Apply Now Paying For College Schedule Visit Request Information
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic management and leadership principles.
- Collect and critically analyze data and information to be applied to business scenarios.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve complex business problems/issues.
- Present project/research findings clearly, both orally and in written form.
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College’s Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Business Management program.
Penn Highlands Online offers a flexible learning opportunity that can not only fit your mobile, on-the-go lifestyle, but can be completely personalized around your schedule. Through the College’s Online Campus, you can complete a degree in Business Management. Please reference the following course progression chart for an idea of the coursework necessary to complete this program online.
Timeline: Business Management Online Degree Fall 1 Semester (August – December)
- ACP 100 – Academic and Career Planning
- CIT 100 – Microcomputer Applications
- ENG 110 – English Composition 1
- BUS 110 – Introduction to Business
- ACC 100 – Introduction to Accounting
Spring 1 Semester (January – May)
- ENG 220 – Business Letter and Report Writing
- BUS 210 – Business Law
- BUS 220 – Small Business Management
- ACC 110 – Principles of Accounting
- BUS 125 – Management Principles
Summer 1 Semester (May – August)
- MAT 110 – Business Math
- COM 101 – Public Speaking
Fall 2 Semester (August – December)
- BUS 206 – Operations Management and Process Improvement
- BUS 240 – Labor Relations Management
- BUS 225 – Business Ethics or BUS 130 – Personal Consumer Finance
- BIO 104/114 – Principles of Biology w/ Lab or AST 100 – Astronomy
Spring 2 Semester (January – May)
- BUS 165 – Human Resource Management
- BUS 230 – Principles of Marketing
- Social Science Elective
- BUS 298 Internship or Social Science Elective
Summer 2 Semester (May – August)
- LIF 111 – Health and Wellness
- ECO 100 – Macroeconomics or ECO 110 – Microeconomics
Your ability to start here and earn a bachelor’s degree anywhere makes Penn Highlands the right college choice. Plus, you will save thousands of dollars. Be smart, and get your associate degree with us before transferring on to something greater.
Penn Highlands has signed transfer agreements to continue your studies in Business Management with:
- Mount Aloysius College
- Saint Francis University
Ready? Schedule a visit to discuss your future. Transfer options are different based on the college you plan to attend; our team can help you determine the right path for what you are looking for.