Are you interested in social justice? Is the thought of caring about human dignity at the forefront of your daily routine? If so, a career in social work would be an excellent choice.
Social work practice consists of the professional application of social work values, principles, and techniques to one or more of the following ends: helping people obtain tangible services; counseling and psychotherapy with individuals, families, and groups; helping communities or groups provide or improve social and health services; and participating in legislative processes. The practice of social work requires knowledge of human development and behavior; social and economic, and cultural institutions; and of the interaction of all these factors.
Our Social Work degree is an Associate of Arts, meaning it is designed to help any student easily transfer his or her associate degree credits from Penn Highlands to any bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field at a four-year institution. Be confident in knowing that a degree from Penn Highlands will give you the foundation necessary to succeed in any social work field.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historical development of the knowledge and values of the social work profession at the introductory level.
- Identify the values of the social work profession.
- Identify values of culturally competent social work at the introductory level, which promotes the strength and well-being of diverse individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Assess lifespan development in a multicultural context, and the significance of intersections of people and their environments.
Your ability to start here and earn a bachelor’s degree anywhere makes Penn Highlands the right college choice. Plus, you will save thousands of dollars. Be smart, and get your associate degree with us before transferring on to something greater.
Penn Highlands has signed transfer agreements to continue your studies in Social Work with:
- American Public University
- Bloomsburg University
- California University of Pennsylvania
- Carlow University
- Cheyney University
- Clarion University
- DeSales University
- East Stroudsburg University
- Edinboro University
- Franklin University
- Grand Canyon University
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Kaplan University
- Kutztown University
- LaRoche College
- Lincoln University
- Lock Haven University
- Mansfield University
- Millersville University
- Potomac College
- Robert Morris University
- Saint Francis University
- Saint Joseph’s University
- Seton Hill University
- Shippensburg University
- Slippery Rock University
- Southern New Hampshire University
- Susquehanna University
- University of Maryland Global Campus
- University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- West Chester University
- Western Governor’s University
Ready? Schedule a visit to discuss your future. Transfer options are different based on the college you plan to attend; our team can help you determine the right path for what you are looking for.