Since June 2018, 15,802 jobs were posted by companies in our region for professionals in this field. The median salary for a social and human service assistant is $34,238 per year. (Source: EMSI Career Coach)
Are you interested in social justice? Is the thought of caring about human dignity at the forefront of your daily routine? If so, a career in social work would be an excellent choice.
Social work practice consists of the professional application of social work values, principles, and techniques to one or more of the following ends: helping people obtain tangible services; counseling and psychotherapy with individuals, families, and groups; helping communities or groups provide or improve social and health services; and participating in legislative processes. The practice of social work requires knowledge of human development and behavior; social and economic, and cultural institutions; and of the interaction of all these factors.
Our Social Work degree is an Associate of Arts, meaning it is designed to help any student easily transfer his or her associate degree credits from Penn Highlands to any bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field at a four-year institution. Be confident in knowing that a degree from Penn Highlands will give you the foundation necessary to succeed in any social work field.Apply Now Paying For College Schedule Visit Request Information
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historical development of the knowledge and values of the social work profession at the introductory level.
- Identify the values of the social work profession.
- Identify values of culturally competent social work at the introductory level, which promotes the strength and well-being of diverse individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Assess lifespan development in a multicultural context, and the significance of intersections of people and their environments.
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College’s Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Social Work program.
Social Work is available at the following locations:
Your ability to start here and earn a bachelor’s degree anywhere makes Penn Highlands the right college choice. Plus, you will save thousands of dollars. Be smart, and get your associate degree with us before transferring on to something greater.
Penn Highlands has signed transfer agreements to continue your studies in Social Work with:
- American Public University
- Bloomsburg University
- California University of Pennsylvania
- Carlow University
- Cheyney University
- Clarion University
- DeSales University
- East Stroudsburg University
- Edinboro University
- Franklin University
- Grand Canyon University
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Kaplan University
- Kutztown University
- La Roche University
- Lincoln University
- Lock Haven University
- Mansfield University
- Millersville University
- Potomac College
- Robert Morris University
- Saint Francis University
- Saint Joseph’s University
- Shippensburg University
- Slippery Rock University
- Southern New Hampshire University
- University of Maryland Global Campus
- University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- Western Governor’s University
Ready? Schedule a visit to discuss your future. Transfer options are different based on the college you plan to attend; our team can help you determine the right path for what you are looking for.