Since June 2018, 4,221 jobs were posted by companies in our region for professionals in this field. The median salary for a computer programmer is $84,090 per year. (Source: EMSI Career Coach)
Star Trek… Battlestar Galactica… 2001: A Space Odyssey… Planet of the Apes! You know the drill. A puzzled captain or explorer asks the computer for help. Then, said “computer” promptly replies with the answer. What was once science fiction is quickly becoming a reality, thanks to the masterful work of computer programmers.
When studying computer science, you will learn various types of computer languages, bridging the gap between humans and computers.
This Associate of Science (A.S.) degree is designed to provide you with the educational foundation necessary for optimal transfer to a four-year degree program. This degree meets the computer science statewide articulation agreement for transfer to the fourteen Pennsylvania System of State Higher Education institutions.Apply Now Paying For College Schedule Visit Request Information
- Understand and be proficient in the use of software development processes to design and develop software and solve problems in computer science.
- Understand and be able to apply the underlying principles of computer science and computer architecture to a variety of problem domains.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computing and mathematical theoretical concepts at the calculus level and apply these concepts to computing problems.
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College’s Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Computer Science program.
Computer Science is available at the following locations:
Your ability to start here and earn a bachelor’s degree anywhere makes Penn Highlands the right college choice. Plus, you will save thousands of dollars. Be smart, and get your associate degree with us before transferring on to something greater.
Penn Highlands has signed transfer agreements to continue your studies in Computer Science with:
- American Public University
- Bloomsburg University
- California University of Pennsylvania
- Carlow University
- Cheyney University
- Clarion University
- DeSales University
- East Stroudsburg University
- Edinboro University
- Franklin University
- Grand Canyon University
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Kaplan University
- Kutztown University
- La Roche University
- Lincoln University
- Lock Haven University
- Mansfield University
- Millersville University
- Potomac College
- Robert Morris University
- Saint Joseph’s University
- Shippensburg University
- Slippery Rock University
- University of Maryland Global Campus
- University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- West Chester University
- Western Governor’s University
Ready? Schedule a visit to discuss your future. Transfer options are different based on the college you plan to attend; our team can help you determine the right path for what you are looking for.