Succession Planning 101
Date(s) - March 16, 2021
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Done well, succession planning will help your business retain employees and position your business to grow. In addition to “replacement planning”, the fundamental of a succession plan, identifying your high potential talent and developing your potential successors is a best practice for business growth. It is also a key factor in employee retention, a primary concern as the economy improves and the demand for specialized talent increases and the reality of a talent shortage looms large for many businesses and industry sectors.
Succession Planning identifies a replacement plan for key and mission critical positions, and it also embeds preparation of potential candidates for readiness to step into vacancies to ensure business continuity and growth or into new positions to support new product or service lines.
Topics covered will include:
- An overview of succession planning
- Identify the benefits of succession planning in addressing organizational response to market trends, including its use in:
- Supporting anticipated business growth
- Dealing with talent shortages
- Developing and nurturing new and existing talent
- Learn a process and general framework for implementing an effective succession plan in your organization
Instructor: Corey Christman, Penn Highlands Adjunct, CEO, Vethos, LLC
Workshop Dates: March 16 & March 18 from 9-11am