Men’s Basketball Releases Home Schedule For 2023-2024Posted October 24, 2023 at 8:51 am
Athletics at Pennsylvania Highlands Community College has released the 2023-2024 schedule for Men’s Basketball. It consists of 24 regular season games spanning November through February.
Penn Highlands will open its season on Wednesday, November 1, at Penn State Greater Allegheny. This will be the first of six consecutive road contests to start the year for the Black Bears before the team returns to Johnstown for its home opener on Tuesday, November 28.
The Black Bears will play at home 12 times in a 14-game stretch from November 28 to January 29. All home games will be played inside the main gymnasium at Penn Highlands’ Richland Campus.
The full home game list is as follows:
- November 28 – vs. Prince George’s Community College
- December 1 – vs. Kent State Tuscarawas
- December 5 – vs. Penn State New Kensington
- December 11 – vs. Allegany College of Maryland
- January 6 – vs. Garrett College
- January 9 – vs. Penn State Altoona
- January 12 – vs. Butler County Community College
- January 16 – vs. Community College of Allegheny County
- January 20 – vs. Westmoreland County Community College
- January 23 – vs. Potomac State College
- January 26 – vs. Anne Arundel Community College
- January 29 – vs. Howard Community College
- February 6 – vs. Community College of Beaver County
After the regular season, the Black Bears will compete in the Western Pennsylvania Collegiate Conference (WPCC) Tournament on February 16 and 17. Home games during tournament play will be awarded to the higher seed in each matchup.
The Region 20 Tournament will then take place on February 24 and 25 in Largo, Maryland. The Region 20 champion will advance to Districts with a chance to move on to the NJCAA Division III National Tournament in Herkimer, New York.
Penn Highlands is coming off another successful season in 2022-2023, where the Black Bears finished runner-up in the Western Pennsylvania Collegiate Conference. Penn Highlands then advanced to the semifinal round of the Region 20 Tournament before dropping a 106-105 double-overtime contest to Butler County Community College, ending the campaign.
All games and dates are subject to change.