College partners with Retraining Assistance Program for VeteransPosted July 11, 2012 at 1:36 pm
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is reminding all unemployed veterans that training assistance is available through the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP). The Department of Labor will offer employment assistance to every veteran who participates in and completes the program.
The VRAP offers training assistance to veterans who:
- Are between 35 and 60 years old
- Are unemployed on the date of application
- Have an other than dishonorable discharge
- Are not be eligible for any other VA education benefit program
- Are not in receipt of VA compensation due to unemployability
- Are not enrolled in a federal or state job training program
This program is limited and filling up quickly. Participants may receive up to 12 months of assistance equal to the monthly full-time payment rate under the Montgomery GI Bill–Active Duty program (currently $1,473 per month). The Department of Labor will offer employment assistance to every veteran who participates upon completion of the program.
Veterans may contact Pennsylvania Highlands at 814.262.6446 to speak with an admissions representative about participating. For further information, visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website.