Workforce Development Symposium (Virtual)
Date(s) - May 19, 2021
8:00 am - 10:00 am
To best serve our communities, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College will be hosting a virtual Workforce Development Symposium where we are inviting business, industry, and community leaders for a discussion on how Penn Highlands can best serve our region.
What We Want To Identify:
- Technical training opportunities.
- Soft skill training opportunities.
- Customized short-term certificates and two-year degree programs that can quickly provide skilled labor.
- Mutually beneficial partnerships that are synergistic in nature and boost our overall effectiveness.
- Introduction (Dr. Steve Nunez, President of Penn Highlands Community College)
- Keynote Address (Sheila Ireland, PA Deputy Secretary of Workforce Development)
- Panel Discussion #1: Meeting Your Training Needs (Debi Balog from JARI and more)
- Breakout Session
- Panel Discussion #2: Using WEDnetPA Funding and Participating in the Program (Julie Davis from Penn Highlands, Ed Bowser from JWF Industries, and more)
It is our hope that representatives of your organization could attend this.
Survey and Registration
If representatives from your organization will be attending the symposium, please click here to complete a short survey.