Over the last year, 800+ jobs were posted by companies in our region for professionals in this field. As a paramedic, salaries start around $21,000 for entry-level positions. (Source: EMSI Career Coach)
Are you ready for a fast-paced career where no day is the same? Do you find satisfaction in helping others when they need it the most? As a paramedic, you will find yourself in various situations where your skills will be necessary to help others.
Paramedics are considered to be the most highly trained of emergency medical technicians (EMTs). They often give drugs intravenously, operate defibrillators and other specialized equipment, and so much more. Our Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Health Professions: Paramedic degree will prepare you for this dynamic profession. Students will not only learn how to be confident professionals through classroom exercises; however, with numerous hours of hands-on training, they will excel in the real world.
Our Paramedic program is offered in conjunction with Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center, helping graduates get ready for employment the day they leave Penn Highlands. Be ready to make important life-saving decisions in the near future.
- Assume the role as a caring, competent, entry-level emergency health care provider.
- Utilize critical thinking strategies and decision-making strategies in role performance.
- Provide care in a responsible, accountable manner within ethico-legal dimensions.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and participate in illness and injury prevention programs for the
- 31 Credit Hours at Penn Highlands
- 30 Total Credit Hours of Conemaugh specialized classroom and clinical experience
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College’s Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Paramedic program.