Personal counseling is available for students with various problems that affect their academic pursuits.
Students experiencing any personally challenging situation, including the following, may benefit from consulting a counselor:
- General stress
- Alcohol or drug dependence
- Family problems
- Interpersonal conflict
Free, confidential counseling appointments can be made with the Counselor located in the Student Success Center. Students are referred to resources in the community for intensive or on-going support. For additional information regarding counseling services or to schedule an appointment with the Counselor, Bridget Hall, MSW, please contact the Student Success Center using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT: The Pennsylvania Highlands Community College Counseling Office does not maintain 24-hour access to telephone and email correspondence. Calls and emails received in the evenings and on weekends will not be returned until the next business day. If you have an emergency, please contact your local Mental Health Crisis Counselor, go to the nearest Emergency Room or 911.
- Cambria County: 24 Hour Mental Health Crisis Number - 1.877.268.9463
- Somerset County: 24 Hour Mental Health Crisis Number - 866.611.6467
- Blair County: 24 Hour Hotline (CONTACT Altoona) - 814.946.9050
- Huntingdon County: Tri-County Crisis Hotline - 1.800.929.9583
Student Success Center