KEYS has been developed in response to growing research that shows that individuals who earn a credit-bearing certificate or an associate’s degree are better able to get jobs at family-sustaining wages with benefits and opportunities for advancement. In fact, statistics show that individuals who earn a credit-bearing certificate or associate’s degree earn 32%-42% more money through employment after graduation.
KEYS is designed to help TANF and Food Stamp recipients succeed in community college. KEYS helps you achieve your career goals by:
- Providing career counseling, extra tutoring, and academic support.
- Facilitating supportive services available through your County Assistance Office (CAO).
- Advocacy to your County Assistance Office.
- Connecting the student to other community service agencies.
- Access to the College’s KEYS Program Laptop Loan Program.
Are you currently enrolled in classes at Pennsylvania Highlands and receiving services from the County Assistance Office? If so, you may qualify for additional support services through the KEYS Program!
If you are currently enrolled at Pennsylvania Highlands and receiving TANF or SNAP benefits, contact the KEYS Office, B119, or ask your County Assistance Office (CAO) case manager about KEYS.
If you receive TANF or SNAP benefits and are not enrolled at and would like to learn more about KEYS, talk to your case manager at the CAO, or contact the PA Highlands KEYS Office. Contact information is at the bottom of this page.
All supportive services are issued by the county assistance office. All requests for supportive services must be made through the KEYS Office. Stop by the KEYS Office, B119, and talk with the KEYS Student Facilitator regarding your request for special services.
KEYS Contact Information
- Miriam (Kaye) Fink, KEYS Program Coordinatormfink@pennhighlands.edu | 814.262.6420