Over the last year, 95+ companies in our region have posted jobs for professionals in this field. The median salary for a civil engineering technician is $51,808 per year. (Source: EMSI Career Coach)
Do you find yourself wondering how things are designed and built? Do you have an interest in architecture? Engineering Technology may be the perfect fit. This degree offers two tracks: Architectural and Civil.
This program uses Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) and Computer Aided Drafting & Design (CADD) software to facilitate the design and drafting of buildings and building components to include architecture, electrical, HVAC, plumbing (Architectural Track) and site work including, site plans, roads layout, and utilities design (Civil Track).
Opportunities will exist with professional architects and engineers in the design, drafting, and layout of buildings, roads, and utilities. Graduates will feel confident knowing that their skills will be heavily utilized and sought after throughout various engineering fields.
- Demonstrate an understanding of CAD and CADD software and its commands for the creation of drawings.
- Distinguish between different building components, views, plans, and details within a complete architecture project.
- Identify architectural and civil symbols, hatching, and line work used in the creation of architectural and civil plans.
- Demonstrate the ability to create civil site and utility plans with CADD software.
- Demonstrate strong communication, critical thinking, and team participation skills by describing how to relate drawing and design information to the public and contractors, communicate effectively with architects, engineers, and other building professionals, and use interpersonal and team building skills for an effective co-worker and client relationships.
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College’s Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our A.A.S. in Engineering Technology program.