Since June 2018, 2,362 jobs were posted by companies in our region for professionals in this field. The median salary for a head cook is $50,772 per year. (Source: EMSI Career Coach)
The Culinary Arts program prepares students for entry level and management positions in the food service industry. The curriculum offers a foundation in general business management with a focus on culinary skills, including baking and pastry. In addition to classroom and food laboratory experience, students are required to complete a supervised internship in a cooperating food service facility. Course work is supplemented by practical experience arranged through these internships. Each student is expected to complete an internship of 405 hours.Apply Now Paying For College Schedule Visit Request Information
- Demonstrate a general business knowledge and skills base necessary to compete in the business world including familiarity with management principles concepts and styles.
- Describe the steps necessary to provide a safe and sanitary environment for customers and employees.
- Demonstrate knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, and procedures governing food operations.
- Plan, develop and produce appropriate foods and menus for a variety of settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of food service and culinary industry terminology.
- Use cost control techniques to internal operational decision making.
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College’s Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Culinary Arts program.
Culinary Arts is available at the following locations: