Since October 2016, 4,508 jobs were posted by companies in our region for professionals in this field. The median salary for an information security analyst is $93,117 per year. (Source: EMSI Career Coach)
Are you ready for the next stage in your career but just need a little boost? We have the program that is just for you! A certificate in Information Security and Analysis will put you on the right path.
Security is highly sought-after when it comes to Information Technology. The Information Security and Analysis Certificate will prepare you to be able to secure computers and networks from all types of threats, which include malware, viruses, protocol attacks, and more. You will also learn how to analyze your environment for problems associated with threats, bandwidth issues, and issues that can occur at each of the layers of the OSI Model.
This one semester certificate includes three core classes, each one preparing you for third party certification exams, making your knowledge and skills that much more valuable. Plus, since this certificate is only one semester long, it allows you to be trained and prepared in just a few months. Get your future rolling… quickly!
- Be prepared to protect a computer or network environment from physical, internal, and cyber attacks.
- Be able to perform comprehensive security audits and penetration tests.
- Analyze and troubleshoot network issues related to security and more.
- Create and implement a comprehensive security policy.
- Be prepared to take the following 3rd party vendor certification exams: Cisco CCNA Security Certification, Wireshark Certified Network Analyst, and EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker Exam 312-5.
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College’s Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Information Security & Analysis program.