The Board of Trustees has announced that the search is underway for the next President of Pennsylvania Highlands Community College. Applications and nominations for the position of President are currently being accepted until the position is filled.
Target date for applications is: September 4, 2019
If you have any questions or suggestions, or would like to make a confidential inquiry, please contact:
- Bradley Ebersole, Ph.D., ACCT Search Consultant
email@example.com | (740) 538-7989 (mobile)
- Julie Golder, J.D., Vice President of Search Services, ACCT
firstname.lastname@example.org | (202) 384-5816 (mobile) | (202)-775-4477 (office)
This is a confidential search process. To ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than September 4, 2019. The position will remain open until filled.
To apply, visit pennh.cc/Presidential-Search and upload your documents to ACCT Searches.
Candidates will need to have the following information or materials available to complete the application:
- A letter of application (not to exceed 5 pages) that succinctly addresses the opportunities and challenges identified in the Position Profile and demonstrates how the candidate’s experience and professional qualifications prepare them to serve as the President of Pennsylvania Highlands Community College.
- A current resume including an email address and cellular telephone number.
- A list of eight references: example, two to three supervisors, two to three direct reports and two to three faculty and/or staff members from current and former institutions.
|April 24, 2019||ACCT Search Consultant facilitates open public forums on campus to collect information for the draft Presidential Profile.|
|April 25, 2019||Search Committee Meeting #1: orientation and training; review and provide feedback on the draft Presidential Profile.|
|Mid-May||Board meets to review feedback, revise, finalize and approve the Presidential Profile.|
|Mid-May – August 2019||ACCT’s targeted regional, state-wide and national recruitment activities.|
|September 4, 2019||Target Date for Applications|
|Mid-September 2019||Search Committee Meeting #2: Committee to select confidential semifinalists to interview.|
|Late-September 2019||Search Committee Meeting #3: Committee to have confidential interviews with semifinalists; after the final interview, the Committee will deliberate and recommend finalists to the Board.|
|Mid-October 2019||Final candidates visit Pennsylvania Highlands Community College and participate in open forums. Board interviews final candidates. Board deliberation and discussion.|
|Mid-November||Board selects and announces the next president of Pennsylvania Highlands Community College.|
An important step in the presidential search process is the development of a Presidential Profile. Penn Highlands held four public forums on Wednesday, April 24th, at our Richland Campus. These sessions allowed us to listen to your input and assist with the development of the Presidential Profile. The entire college community was encouraged to participate in these wide-ranging discussions about the qualities, characteristics, and qualifications we are seeking in the next President, as well as the opportunities and challenges facing Pennsylvania Highlands in the years to come. Participants had the opportunity to ask questions about the presidential search process.
The Presidential Search Committee will have a significant role in finding Penn Highlands’ new president.
The Presidential Search Committee will be responsible for reviewing the confidential applications, interviewing semifinalists, and identifying the final candidates to submit to the Penn Highlands Board of Trustees for approval.
The committee consists of representatives from across the College, including the Board, employee groups, students, and community members. The members of the Presidential Search Committee are:
- Greg Winger (Board of Trustees, Chairperson, Penn Highlands Board of Trustees)
- Alan Cashaw (Board of Trustees, Vice Chairperson, Penn Highlands Board of Trustees)
- Ed Bowser (Board of Trustees, Trustee, Penn Highlands Board of Trustees)
- Dave Mordan (Foundation Board, President, Penn Highlands Foundation Board)
- Mike Kane (Community Member, President, Community Foundation for the Alleghenies)
- Tom Chernisky (Cambria County Commissioner, President Commissioner, Cambria County Commissioners)
- John Skelley (Community Member, Former Trustee of Penn Highlands)
- Stephen McKnight (Community Member, President & CEO, ABCD Corporation)
- Thomas Kakabar (Community Member, Superintendent, Conemaugh Township School District)
- Dennis Miller (Faculty, Assistant Professor, Criminal Justice, Penn Highlands)
- Sherri Slavick (Faculty, Assistant Professor, Physical Sciences, Penn Highlands)
- Susan Fisher (Administration, Assistant VP of Human Resources, Penn Highlands)
- Erica Reighard (Administration, Dean of Faculty, Penn Highlands)
- Michelle Stumpf (Administration, Dean of Enrollment Services and Registrar, Penn Highlands)
- Mike Lucas (Staff, ADA Specialist, Penn Highlands)
- TBD (Student, Penn Highlands Student Senate Officer, Penn Highlands)
- Bradley Ebersole (Consultant, ACCT)