Digital signage at Penn Highlands refers to all content on the 12 monitors located at our Blair and Richland facilities.
These monitors are maintained by Marketing & Communications, with system support coming from Information Technology. This service is available to all Penn Highlands faculty, staff, and student organizations. To request information be posted via our internal system, please submit a project request.
Digital Signage Requirements
- All submissions are to be submitted two weeks prior to publication date.
- Digital signage changes are made once per week, no changes are done mid-week.
- Video submissions must be Full HD (1080p), with a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9.
- Video submissions should be submitted in the preferred video format: MP4.
- The recommended length of video submissions is between 15 and 30 seconds. Longer pieces may be submitted with support and recommendations from Marketing & Communications.
- Subtitles are recommended for all video submissions since monitors have either low or no sound playing.
- All submissions reference the main portion of the screen. There is a sidebar that provides only weekly event information and initiatives driven by the College’s Retention Taskforce. Additionally, there a lower third that is brand-centric.
- If not created by Marketing & Communications, video submissions must have a lower third – listed throughout the entirety of the video – that states “Produced by [name or club]” in order to provide proper credit.
- Due to monitor locations, traffic, and available content space, we do not place single day events on monitors. Reoccurring, or multiple-day, events and other general-based content is allowed on monitors. Exceptions may be considered after review from Marketing & Communications and Student Activities
- All submissions are subject to review by Marketing & Communications.