COVID-19 UPDATE: Three Locations Set To OpenPosted June 4, 2020 at 1:50 pm
With portions of the Southern Alleghenies and Laurel Highlands entering the green phase, three Pennsylvania Highlands Community College locations will begin opening its doors.
- Placement Testing
- Registering for Classes
- Academic Advising
- Financial Aid Processing
- KEYS Advising
All for-credit classes this summer will continue to be online.
To ensure your safety and the safety of our employees, all visitors are asked to schedule an appointment with the appropriate department or location before coming to a facility. Please call the following to schedule your individual appointments:
- Admissions: 814.262.6446
- Registration: 814.262.6439
- Advising & Placement Testing: 814.262.6451
- IT Help Desk: 814.262.6470
- Blair Center: 814.201.2700
- Somerset Center: 814.443.2500
- Richland Campus: 814.262.6400
- Security & General Questions: 814.525.2597
PRIOR TO VISITING
Before coming on-site, visitors should ask themselves these questions:
- Do I have a fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea?
- In the past two weeks, have I been diagnosed or come into contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- In the past two weeks, have I visited a place or lived in a place where COVID-19 is spreading?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, please delay your visit. Stay home and take care of yourself.
While on-site, all visitors will need to abide by the following state guidelines:
- In order to enter a building, each visitor must call the office when on-site; a college employee will then meet you at the door and walk you in.
- Visitors must be escorted by an employee at all times.
- Have a scheduled appointment with an individual office.
- Wear a mask at all times while on location.
- Students that are meeting with the Admissions Office, Registration Office, and/or their advisors may bring one person into the building with them.
- Students coming to any location for testing are not permitted to bring anyone into the building with them.
- Maintain social distancing throughout the visit.
Penn Highlands has gone to extraordinary efforts to provide a safe environment for its employees and to visitors. Preventative measures include:
- All employees will wear a mask when working with visitors or other employees.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- All rooms that are being used or occupied are being robustly cleaned and sanitized.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College cares about the health and welfare of our students, staff, faculty, and the region. For all up-to-date information and planning regarding COVID-19, visit our COVID-19 webpage.