The Student Services Coordinator provides support for the Blair Center in the areas of Admissions and Student Services. Reporting to the Blair Center Director, the Coordinator assists with all aspects of admissions processes and procedures including meeting with prospective students and conducting visits with high schools. The position is responsible for developing a network of recruiting opportunities in traditional and nontraditional recruiting environments at all locations. These efforts should generate inquiries, applications, and enrollment.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Recruits prospective students from traditional and nontraditional environments by various means including personal meetings, phone calls, mailings, presentations, and scheduling group tours at the Blair Center.
- Represents the College at various recruitment events in a knowledgeable, friendly, and professional manner.
- Coordinates and evaluates all recruitment strategy and planning within the assigned area and completes activities required to accomplish recruitment and enrollment goals.
- Networks with other organizations, agencies, and businesses to plan, coordinate, schedule, and conduct informational meetings and other recruitment activities.
- Under the direction of the Blair Center Director, assists with the development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and continual improvement of effective plans for recruiting in traditional and nontraditional environments.
- Provide academic advising support and career counseling to Blair Center students and potential students.
- Maintain systematic and frequent contact with Blair Center students, high school guidance counselors, and high school teachers, and maintain detailed records of contact.
- Assisting the Assistant Director and Director with development of student activities and services and helps to implement these activities, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Associate degree required in a related field; Bachelor’s preferred.
Experience & Knowledge: Proven sales or admissions experience with at least three years in a goal-oriented position required and experience in higher education preferred.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of a variety of Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Knowledge of or ability to learn College specific programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Criminal Background Clearance. Valid Driver’s License.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to reach with hands or arms; and to stoop or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Typical office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
Hours: 25-29 hours per week; Monday-Friday, 8am-1pm; however, candidate must have flexibility to work earlier or later based on fluctuating needs.
Location: Blair Center
Deadline to Apply: Friday, September 20, 2019 by 4:00 p.m.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, fully completed employment applications received by the deadline with all required application materials will receive guaranteed priority consideration.
Application materials required for full consideration:
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter
Please note that employment applications referencing ‘see resume’ or similar phrases are considered incomplete and may not be considered. For guaranteed priority consideration, applicants must submit a fully completed employment application with all required materials by the deadline.
Please do not call in regards to the status of your application. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please do not fax or mail any documentation. Official College transcripts are required upon hire.
Employment is contingent upon submission and satisfactory review of any background check clearances as may be required by Pennsylvania Act 153. Please refer to our Pre-Employment Background Check Information page for more detailed information.
Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Pennsylvania Highlands Community College for any position now or in the future.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Pennsylvania Highlands Community College promotes a drug-free workplace.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.