The Student Services Coordinator provides support for the Center in the areas of Admissions and Student Services. Reporting to the Assistant Regional Center Director, the Coordinator assists with all aspects of admissions processes and procedures including meeting with prospective students and conducting visits with high schools. The position is responsible for developing a network of recruiting opportunities in traditional and nontraditional recruiting environments at all locations. These efforts should generate inquiries, applications, and enrollment. Travel is required for this position.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Recruits prospective students from traditional and nontraditional environments by various means including personal meetings, phone calls, mailings, presentations, and scheduling group tours at the Center.
- Represents the College at various recruitment events in a knowledgeable, friendly, and professional manner.
- Serving as a back-up for clerical support for all admissions functions and procedures, including but not limited to data input and creating and maintaining student files.
- Coordinates and evaluates all recruitment strategy and planning within the assigned area and completes activities required to accomplish recruitment and enrollment goals.
- Networks with other organizations, agencies, and businesses to plan, coordinate, schedule, and conduct informational meetings and other recruitment activities.
- Assists with the development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and continual improvement of effective plans for recruiting in traditional and nontraditional environments.
- Provide academic advising support and career counseling to Center students and potential students.
- Maintain systematic and frequent contact with Center students, high school guidance counselors, and high school teachers, and maintain detailed records of contact.
- Assisting with development of student activities and services and helps to implement these activities, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma required.
- Associate degree in a related field preferred.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Proven sales or admissions experience with at least three years in a goal-oriented position preferred and experience in higher education preferred.
- Working knowledge of a variety of Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of or ability to learn College-specific programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Criminal Background Clearance
- Valid Driver’s License
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to reach with hands or arms; and to stoop or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
- Please note that employment applications referencing ‘see resume’ or similar phrases are considered incomplete and may not be considered.
- Please do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Employment is contingent upon submission and satisfactory review of any background check clearances as may be required by Pennsylvania Act 153. Please refer to our Pre-Employment Background Check Information page for more detailed information.
- Successful candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Pennsylvania Highlands Community College for any position now or in the future.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Pennsylvania Highlands Community College promotes a drug-free workplace.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.