The Head Golf Coach guides students as they actively participate in athletics and academics. Being knowledgeable regarding NJCAA eligibility regulations, the position ensures that all student-athletes are academically eligible to participate, working within their academic program towards completion, and preparing for their transition from Penn Highlands. This position recruits students into the program, develops and guides practice sessions, and instructs student-athletes in match strategies and techniques. Responsible for adherence to budget and maintenance of facilities and equipment. Working collaboratively with other coaches, this position strives to ensure the best possible experience for student-athletes.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Overall team management, including but not limited to recruitment of student athletes under the guidelines established by the National Junior College Athletic Association, coordination of team practices, monitoring academic progress of athletes, and preparing the team for competition.
- Ensuring academic progress of all student-athletes, monitoring coursework and progress when necessary, and assisting student athletes with registration and other enrollment issues as needed.
- Ensure that all competition guidelines and NJCAA regulations regarding eligibility and participation are maintained.
- Supervise assistant coaches where applicable and manage/coach all contests.
- Ensure that practice/contest facilities are prepared for use according to established procedures.
- Assist with maintaining an inventory of uniforms and equipment.
- Interact with local media to promote team and student-athlete accomplishments.
- Report all scores and statistics to Director of Student Activities and Athletics and/or his/her assistant following each competition.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate expense records as they relate to team.
- Assist with the scheduling of pre-season and regular matches.
- Organize and coordinate all team fundraising activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Activities and Athletics.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education: High School Diploma. College degree is preferred.
Experience & Knowledge: Some level of coaching experience is required preferably at the college, high school, or AAU level. Consideration will be given to the length of coaching experience relative to the level of coaching experience.
Computer Skills: Must have exemplary computer skills including being proficient with MS Office. Must have the ability to learn and use software related to athletic scheduling and statistics, as well as the college student information and learning management systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Criminal Background (State and FBI) and Child Abuse Clearances
Physical Demands: Will regularly need to speak, hear, listen, reach, run, walk, and jump. Will need to lift and move equipment necessary for the sport. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment will vary from moderate noise to greater noise levels while in competition areas playing games or practicing. Temperatures may vary.
Location: Richland Campus
Pay Rate: $3,000 annual stipend
Deadline to Apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Application materials required for full consideration:
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter
Please note that employment applications referencing ‘see resume’ or similar phrases are considered incomplete and may not be considered. For guaranteed priority consideration, applicants must submit a fully completed employment application with all required materials by the deadline.
Please do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please do not fax or mail any documentation. Official College or High School transcripts are required upon hire.
Employment is contingent upon submission and satisfactory review of any background check clearances as may be required by Pennsylvania Act 153. Please refer to our Pre-Employment Background Check Information page for more detailed information.
Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Pennsylvania Highlands Community College for any position now or in the future.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Pennsylvania Highlands Community College promotes a drug-free workplace.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.