Esports Coaches guide students as they actively participate in athletics and academics. Being knowledgeable regarding NJCAA eligibility regulations, the position ensures that all student-athletes are academically eligible to participate, working within their program towards completion, and preparing for their transition from Penn Highlands. This position recruits students into the program, develops and guides practice sessions, and instructs student-athletes in game strategies and techniques. Working collaboratively with other coaches, this position strives to ensure the best possible experience for student-athletes. Some portions of this work will occur remotely.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Recruit qualified student-athletes as defined by the National Junior College Athletic Association.
- Overall team management, including but not limited to recruitment of student-athletes, coordination of team practices, monitoring academic progress of athletes, and preparing the team for competition.
- Ensuring academic progress of all student athletes, monitoring coursework and progress when necessary, and assisting them with registration and other enrollment issues as needed.
- Establish and ensure compliance with physical activity standards for all Esports athletes.
- Ensure that all competition guidelines and NJCAA regulations regarding eligibility and participation are maintained.
- Manage/coach all contests.
- Ensure that practice/contest facilities are prepared for use according to established procedures.
- Assist with maintaining an inventory of uniforms and equipment.
- Assist with the scheduling of pre-season and regular meets.
- Organize and coordinate all team fundraising activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Activities and Athletics.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School Diploma. College degree is preferred.
Experience & Knowledge: Proven and exhibited knowledge of gaming components and gaming competition, proven ability to manage and lead people and/or projects.
Computer Skills: Must have exemplary computer skills including being proficient with MS Office, gaming/Esports platforms
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Criminal Background (State and FBI) and Child Abuse Clearances
Physical Demands: Will regularly need to speak, hear, listen, reach, run, walk, and jump. Will need to lift and move equipment necessary for the sport. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment will vary from moderate noise to greater noise levels while in competition areas playing games or practicing. Temperatures may vary.
Location: Richland Campus
Pay Rate: $3,500 annual stipend
Deadline to Apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Application materials required for full consideration:
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter
Please note that employment applications referencing ‘see resume’ or similar phrases are considered incomplete and may not be considered. For guaranteed priority consideration, applicants must submit a fully completed employment application with all required materials by the deadline.
Please do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please do not fax or mail any documentation. Official College or High School transcripts are required upon hire.
Employment is contingent upon submission and satisfactory review of any background check clearances as may be required by Pennsylvania Act 153. Please refer to our Pre-Employment Background Check Information page for more detailed information.
Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Pennsylvania Highlands Community College for any position now or in the future.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Pennsylvania Highlands Community College promotes a drug-free workplace.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.