Location: Richland Campus – Hybrid
Full or Part Time: Full-Time
Annual Salary: $38,000 – $42,000 + Generous Benefits Package
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 31, 2023. (Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, fully completed employment applications received by the deadline with all required application materials will receive guaranteed priority consideration.)
Application Materials Required: Employment Application, Cover Letter, ResumeApply For Position
The Executive Assistant to Administrative Operations is an administrative position providing administrative support to the President, Associate Vice President of Administration, Associate Vice President of Finance, and the Associate Vice President of Technology and Analytics. This position is responsible for a wide variety of interdepartmental functions and administers day-to-day operations within the office. Provides well-organized administrative support and often deals with confidential and sensitive information.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Supports the President, AVP of Administration, AVP of Finance, and AVP of Technology and Analytics by formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting information. Research and routes correspondence, draft letters, collects information, and initiates communication. Assists with calendar maintenance by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel. Assists with compilation and processing of Presidential expense reports.
- Assists the HR Department with employment application processing, onboarding of new employees, forms, updating information, coordinating, and overseeing the volunteer process, and data entry.
- Provides support for the Board of Trustees meetings by creating, editing, and compiling documents and minutes.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling both external and internal facility requests with the College’s scheduling software system. Acts as a liaison between external organizations requesting use of space and the College departments that are affected.
- Records and posts minutes for various College meetings.
- Creates and maintains forms and department policies and documents and develops and carries out an efficient filing system.
- Prepares special and recurring departmental reports by gathering data from various sources and compiling and submitting data by a stated deadline.
- Greets and responds to telephone and walk-in guests, screens, and direct calls; and handles inquiries, exercising professionalism and sound judgment in solution of or response to these inquiries.
- Serves on various College committees and workgroups.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate degree in a field relevant to the position preferred.
- High School diploma required.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Three years’ experience reporting to senior management in an administrative support role required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Full comprehension of office management systems.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Successful work experience in a position that requires discretion and confidentiality is a must.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, SharePoint, and PowerPoint) and Adobe is required.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn College software programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Criminal Background Clearance
- The employee will be required to sit, stand, walk, and talk and hear.
- Employee will also need to type, operate a telephone and computer, lock and unlock doors and receive and stock office supplies which will require stooping, kneeling, crouching, and lifting to 10 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
- Please do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Employment is contingent upon submission and satisfactory review of any background check clearances as may be required by Pennsylvania Act 153. Please refer to our Pre-Employment Background Check Information page for more detailed information.
- Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Pennsylvania Highlands Community College for any position now or in the future.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Pennsylvania Highlands Community College promotes a drug-free workplace.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.