This position provides supportive services to the Ebensburg Center by providing information, guidance, and direction to visitors, students, and staff, directing phone calls to the appropriate office, and ensuring the proper processing of phone messages and requests. This person will assist students with completing applications, scheduling admissions and registration appointments, and other issues related to admission, recruiting, and registration including assisting with student activities and recruiting events. Data entry and filing will also be primary duties along with other clerical duties related to preparation and mailing of correspondence. This position requires great attention to detail, the provision of outstanding customer service, and absolute confidentiality when dealing with student information.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Greets and responds to walk-in guests and telephone callers, and handles routine inquiries (including online webpage chat) from visitors, students, faculty, and staff.
- Develops and maintains voicemail messages for Ebensburg lines while ensuring the messages remain current and appropriate at all times, including during holidays and emergency situations.
- Assists prospective students with the admissions process and other admissions issues including completion of the College application and FAFSA documents, scheduling of admissions appointments, and testing.
- Assist with data entry and filing as needed.
- Assist in opening and closing of the Ebensburg location as needed.
- Assist in the development, compilation, and processing of mailings and emails distributed by the Ebensburg Center.
- Demonstrating a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No direct reports
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year accredited college or technical school preferred; high school diploma or GED required.
Experience & Knowledge:
- One-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of desktop applications such as Microsoft Office is required.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize College-specific programs.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to type, write, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee may occasionally have to stoop or kneel. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to moderately loud.
- This is a part-time bargaining unit Support Staff position.
- All newly hired regular part-time employees will serve a probationary period of 520 hours. During the probationary period, employees will be required to demonstrate fitness for the position prior to receiving permanent appointment.
- Please note that employment applications referencing ‘see resume’ or similar phrases are considered incomplete and may not be considered.
- Please do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Employment is contingent upon submission and satisfactory review of any background check clearances as may be required by Pennsylvania Act 153. Please refer to our Pre-Employment Background Check Information page for more detailed information.
- Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Pennsylvania Highlands Community College for any position now or in the future.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Pennsylvania Highlands Community College promotes a drug-free workplace.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.