A complete list of job & internship postings can now be found online at College Central Network.
This site is free for all Pennsylvania Highlands Community College students. Alumni of Pennsylvania Highlands Community College are also invited to join for free.
Activation Instructions for Students:
- Please select “Student”.
- If you have not activated your account, please click “Forgot your Password?” to get started.
- Your Access ID number is your Penn Highlands Student ID number. If your ID number is less the 6 digits, please add a “0” before your ID number to make it 6 digits. For example, if your 5-Digit Student ID is 55555 you will need to place a 0 before the ID number, so you will enter 055555.
- Enter your school email address.
- Click the “Find Account” button. You will receive an email to recover your account which will allow you to set your password and finish your registration.
- Review the information under “Manage My Account” to make sure your profile is complete and in order to gain full access to the available resources.
If you are a returning user, please select “Student”, and log in using your personal access ID and password.
Upon graduation, all student accounts will be updated and become designated as an alumni account. Your log-in information will remain the same.
Alumni who never registered or activated an account can use the link above; select “Alumni” and follow the online instructions.
If you need assistance or have questions about the site, contact the Career Services Center.
This directory is provided to all Penn Highlands students for use in their job, internship, and job shadow searches. Additionally, the directory is provided to all faculty and staff as an aid to assisting students.
General Job Search Sites: National, State, & Regional
(not associated with Penn Highlands)
- Glass Door for Students: Free resource customized to meet the specific needs of today’s students, allowing you to find and research the latest internships, entry-level jobs and salaries, career tips, and more.
- Johnstown Area Job Locator: A comprehensive portal of links to employment opportunities in our region.
- Indeed: Drives millions of targeted job seekers to open positions on thousands of websites.
- Makingthedifference.org: Your sources for federal jobs and internships.
- NACE: The National Association of Colleges & Employers dedicated to providing resources and information to college career services and HR staffing professionals who recruit college graduates.
- SimplyHired.com: SimplyHired is a vertical search engine company based in Silicon Valley.
- The Washington Center: The Washington Center (TWC) offers college and university students in all major fields substantive internships in fields of their choice, as well as academic course work and related activities.
- Jobgateway.pa.gov: Job Gateway is a cooperative effort to provide one-stop delivery of career services to job seekers, employers, and other interested individuals.
- Pennsylvaniajobnetwork.com: Live here. Work here. Register today to access tools such as Job Agents.
- PA State Civil Service Commission: The Commonwealth’s employment website to view and apply for civil service examination announcements for state and local government jobs..
- State.pa.us: PA Power Port is the main Commonwealth website. The Pennsylvania Career Guide can help you navigate through the job search process.
- UPMC.com/careers/students: This link will connect you with internship and job opportunities within UPMC.
- Chamber Job Board: Find jobs in Blair County through the free Blair Chamber Job Board.
- US.Jobs: Provided by the National Labor Exchange.
- Imaginepittsburgh.com: Imagine Pittsburgh is an initiative of the Pittsburgh regional alliance: an affiliate of the Allegheny Conference on Community Development.
- The Riley Guide: The Riley Guide introduces you to the online job search, listing many online sites and services that are useful for your job search.
- iRelaunch.com: Are you returning to work after a break? This is the right site for you. Hundreds of experienced, midcareer professionals – MBAs, JDs, engineers, and others – trust iRelaunch’s hands-on expertise and career resources to help you jump back into the game.
- Marcellus Shale Jobs: A job board built to help meet the talent needs of the Shale and Drilling industry.
- MyJobHelper.com: One of the fastest growing job sites in the world.
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified PublicAccountants (PICPA): (Business & Accounting) A professional association of more than 20,000 CPAs working together to improve the profession and better serve the public interest.
- Sciencejobs.com: (Biology & Other Sciences) Free science career site for job seekers listing industry, academic, and government bio-science and chemistry employment opportunities.
- Student Conservation Association: (Biology & Other Sciences) America’s largest provider of conservation service opportunities.
- International Association of Business Communicators: (Communication) The IABC is an organization for communicators professionals offering research news and a job bank.
- JAWS (The Journalism and Women Symposium): (Communication) JAWS brings together women journalists and journalism educators and researchers.
- 911hotjobs.com: (Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement) A law enforcement and employment site with direct links to law enforcement jobs.
- Criminaljusticeprograms.com: (Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement) A non-line directory of criminal justice degrees and certificate programs throughout the US.
- Pennsylvania State Police: (Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement) Information about employment and training opportunities within the PA State Police.
- PoliceEmployment.com: (Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement) Law enforcement employment website.
- U.S. Department of Justice: (Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement) Excellent overview of the department, including job vacancy information
- Academiccareers.com: (Education) A job site with career opportunities in education and academia.
- PA Department of Education: (Education) Search for information regarding teacher certification, job vacancies, school profiles, and more.
- PA-educator.net: (Education) Statewide one stop clearinghouse for educators with over 200 participating schools & intermediate units.
- PSEA (Pennsylvania State Education Association): (Education)
- Teacherjobshelp.com: (Education) This free resource provided by Graduate Educational Information Services (GEIS) allows you to search and apply for teaching jobs.
- Healthcarejobsite.com: (Healthcare & Allied Health) Dedicated to professionals working in the healthcare field.
- Healthcareoccupations.com: (Healthcare & Allied Health) Lists jobs from some of the nation’s leading hospitals, universities, practices, and medical research facilities. Through our partnership with SimplyHired, a vertical job search engine, members can search all available jobs in the healthcare industry.
- Medhunters.com: (Healthcare & Allied Health) A job board for healthcare professionals.
- Nursingjobs.org: (Healthcare & Allied Health) Self-proclaimed as the Web’s #1 Site for Nursing Jobs.
- Nursingjobs.com: (Healthcare & Allied Health) The world’s premiere free job site for nurses looking for dynamic and diverse career opportunities.
- Nursezone.com: (Healthcare & Allied Health) Provides career resources, including job search tools for graduate nurses.
- American Historical Association: (History and Political Science) Current job opportunities updated weekly.
- The American Political Science Association Online: (History and Political Science) The leading professional organization for the study of political science and serves more than 15,000 members.
- The Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission: (History and Political Science)
- The Society for History in the Federal Government: (History and Political Science) This page contains employment opportunities related to federal history.
- Dice.com: (Information Technology) High tech jobs online for computer professionals.
- Pittsburgh Technology Council: (Information Technology) Information on technology-oriented companies in the Pittsburgh area.
- Techquestpa.com: (Information Technology) A personal commitment from thousands of dedicated professionals focused on making and keeping Pennsylvania a leader among states and nations in the development of advanced technology and the infrastructures.
- American Psychological Association: (Psychology, Counseling, & Human Services) A scientific and professional organization that represents psychology in the United States.
- Socialworkjobbank.com: (Psychology, Counseling, & Human Services) A state-of-the-art online job board and career center devoted to helping professional social workers and employers find the perfect match.
- Disney College Program: The paid internship program is designed to give participants a comprehensive, experiential-learning opportunity which will provide them an unparalleled enhancement to their academic and professional careers.
- Zip Recruiter: One of the largest job boards in the US.
- ZipCares: Committed to ensuring all people—especially those who face unique challenges—have the opportunity to find employment.
- LinkedIn: Find jobs using LinkedIn. You can access this feature without a LinkedIn profile.
Career Services Center
101 Community College Way
Johnstown, PA 15904
814.262.3850 | 1.888.385.PEAK
Monday – Friday: 8:30AM – 4:30PM
Thursday evening: by appointment only