Thank you for your interest in recruiting our students and establishing a relationship with the Career Services Center. We welcome the opportunity to assist you in connecting with students and alumni in order to meet your recruiting needs. Whether you are interested in hiring full time, part time, seasonal workers, or interns, Career Services can help you promote openings and access talent.
Pennsylvania Highlands invites employers to engage with its students through Career Services by participating in the following opportunities:
- “College Central” – Online job posting board that allows you the convenience of posting jobs/internships directly on our site, upon clearance by our office, or you may also choose to forward announcements to us by email to request posting service. *See details below on accessing the site and directions on how to post positions.
- Annual Job/Internship Fair – Opportunity to meet, collect resumes of Pennsylvania Highlands Community College students seeking jobs with applied two-year degrees, internship opportunities, and part-time/summer employment and showcase your company. The fair is also open to all other WestPACS colleges and universities.
- Employer Directory – Annual hard copy and online listing of employers interested in Penn Highlands’ students for present or future job and internship needs. Employers may list, free of charge, position/internship/job shadow descriptions and contact information. The directory is distributed to all students and faculty and is published each calendar year. Listed employers receive a complimentary copy.
- Student Programs – Regular programs and events are scheduled for each academic year such as: Dining Etiquette, Dress for Success, Job Fairs, Mock Interview Fairs, etc. These events are open and free to all Pennsylvania Highlands Community College students; we encourage employers to become involved in on-campus activities and share their expertise with students.
- On-campus interviewing – Employers are invited to reserve recruiting tables or interviewing rooms to screen potential candidates for employment. Contact the Career Services Center to reserve facilities.
Using College Central Network
College Central Network will be used to manage all employer job postings. In order to post a current job opening, you will need to register for a free account. Once you submit the online registration form and the Career Services Center staff grants approval, you will receive an email notification to finish activating your account. After you create a password, you can post jobs at your convenience and gain access to search the student resume database.
To create an account:
- Visit College Central and select “Employers”. You will be given the following 2 options:
- Post to the Pennsylvania Highlands Site (only visible to Penn Highlands students); or
- Post to the Western PA CC Resource Consortium (viewable to students at the following surrounding community colleges: Butler County Community College, Community College of Allegheny County, Community College of Beaver County, Westmorland County Community College, and Penn Highlands Community College.
- After selecting how you would like to post, please complete the online registration page. Be sure to complete all form fields that contains the red asterisk (*).
- After receiving approval from Career Services via email, please use the link provided in the email to create a password. You will then be directed to your account page where you can enter job posting information by completing the required form fields.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. We look forward to working with you.
Career Services Center
101 Community College Way
Johnstown, PA 15904
814.262.3850 | 1.888.385.PEAK