The Career Services Center is pleased to offer you a new resource to assist with career planning from your 1st semester in school to your post-college job search needs. The Career Guide is available to all students in the Career Center, or you may view it online.
O*NET provides important occupational information that can help:
- Individuals seeking first jobs, new jobs, or better jobs
- Individuals who are choosing or changing careers
More information opens more occupational options. Using O*NET Online, a web-based application that provides user-friendly access to O*NET occupational information, you can:
- Find occupations to explore
- Search for occupations that use your skills
- Look at related occupations
- View Summary Reports, including the most important characteristics of the worker and requirements of the work
- View Detail Reports or Custom Reports, offering the user control over the type and level of information displayed
- Use crosswalks to find corresponding occupations in other classification systems
- Connect to other online career information resources
We are pleased to offer you a free training system that features a new and innovative way to help you prepare more effectively for a job interview. Big Interview is an online system that combines training AND practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence. You have at your disposal a variety of tools including:
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- The ability to rate and share your interview answers for feedback
- A comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of landing a job
- A step-by-step interview Answer Builder for crafting answers to behavioral questions
Here’s how to set up your Big Interview account:
- STEP 1: Go to https://pennhighlands.biginterview.com/ and click "Register".
- STEP 2: Enter your school email address, name, and password, and click “Create my Account”
- STEP 3: You'll then receive a confirmation email. Click "Verify" in the email, and you'll be able to start using Big Interview.
Job Outlook is provided by the National Association of Colleges and Employers. In this online journal you can find up-to–date information on majors in demand, the top industries, the qualities employers are seeking in job candidates and more.
Career Services Center
101 Community College Way
Johnstown, PA 15904
814.262.3850 | 1.888.385.PEAK
Mon & Thurs: 8:30AM - 7PM
Tues, Wed, & Fri: 8:30AM - 4:30PM