For Employers - Employer Services
Thank you for your interest in recruiting our students and establishing a relationship with the Office of Career Planning and Employer Services. We welcome the opportunity to assist you in connecting with students and alumni in order to meet your recruiting needs. Whether you are interested in hiring full time, part time, seasonal workers, or interns, Career Planning and Employer Services can help you promote openings and access talent.
Pennsylvania Highlands invites employers to engage with its students through Career Planning and Employer Services by participating in the following opportunities:
- “College Central” – Online job posting board that allows you the convenience of posting jobs/internships directly on our site, upon clearance by our office, or you may also choose to forward announcements to us by email to request posting service. *See details below on accessing the site and directions on how to post positions.
- Annual Job/Internship Fair – Opportunity to meet, collect resumes of Pennsylvania Highlands Community College students seeking jobs with applied two-year degrees, internship opportunities, and part-time/summer employment and showcase your company. The fair is also open to all other WestPACS colleges and universities.
- Employer Directory – Annual hard copy and online listing of employers interested in Penn Highlands’ students for present or future job and internship needs. Employers may list, free of charge, position/ internship / job shadow descriptions and contact information. The directory is distributed to all students and faculty and is published each calendar year. Listed employers receive a complimentary copy.
- Student Programs – Regular programs and events are scheduled for each academic year such as: Dining Etiquette, Dress for Success, Job Fairs, Mock Interview Fairs, etc. These events are open and free to all Pennsylvania Highlands Community College students and we encourage employers to become involved in on-campus activities and share their expertise with students.
- On-campus interviewing – Employers are invited to reserve recruiting tables or interviewing rooms to screen potential candidates for employment. Contact the Career Center to reserve facilities.
Using College Central Network*
College Central Network will be used to manage all employer job postings. In order to post a current job opening you will need to create a free account. Once you create your account and receive approval for the Pennsylvania Highlands College Central Network Job Board, you will be able to post jobs at your convenience and as often as you like. As an employer you register for free and have the ability to post jobs and search the student resume database.
To create an account:
- Please go to www.collegecentral.com/pennhighlands and select “employers”. You will be given the following options:
- Post to the Pennsylvania Highlands Site (only visible to Penn Highlands students); or
- Post to the Western PA CC Resource Consortium (viewable to students at the following surrounding community colleges: Butler County Community College, Community College of Allegheny County, Community College of Beaver County, Westmorland County Community College, and Penn Highlands Community College.
- After selecting how you would like to post, please complete the following online registration page, be sure to complete all form fields that contains the red asterisk (*).
- After registering and receiving approval from Career Planning and Employer Services via email, please enter the job posting information by completing the required form fields. Our staff will review the description to ensure all necessary information is present. Upon approval, the site will be made viewable to students.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. We look forward to working with you.
Office of Career Planning and Employer Services
101, Community College Way, Johnstown, PA 15904
814.262.3850 | 1.888.385.PEAK