Over the last year, 100+ jobs were posted by companies in our region for professionals in this field. As a commercial pilot, salaries start around $35,000 for entry-level positions. (Source: EMSI Career Coach)
Have you ever wanted to take to the skies? Have you ever imagined yourself in a job where you could find yourself in a new location or city each and every day? This is all possible if you train to control state-of-the-art airplanes through our Associate of Science (A.S.) in Professional Pilot.
Our Professional Pilot degree is built for aspiring career pilots. Students will get to learn about commercial level aerodynamics, aircraft systems, federal aviation regulations, aircraft performance, and so much more. This degree emphasizes educational psychology and flight instruction theory, giving you the confidence to handle any plane in a myriad of conditions.
The Professional Pilot degree provides students with the foundation necessary for transfer to bachelor degree programs in piloting or related fields while simultaneously preparing students for immediate employment in the piloting world. Basically, our Professional Pilot degree will help you and your career take off!
- Discuss the basic theories of aerodynamics and potentially hazardous atmospheric conditions affecting flight, and apply this knowledge to a variety of flight scenarios and flight risk assessment.
- Navigate the U.S. National Airspace system safely, demonstrating appropriate management and decision making concepts in the flight deck environment.
- Discuss the role of the Commercial Pilot within an airline or corporate flight department and demonstrate competent decision making with regard to commercial flight through the application of appropriate aircraft system knowledge and equipment management.
- Discuss the role and responsibilities of a Flight Instructor and demonstrate the fundamentals of flight instruction.
- Demonstrate strong communication, organization, interpersonal skills, and professionalism for success within the airline, corporate, or post-secondary education environment.
Requirements / Course Sequence
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College’s Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Professional Pilot program.