Over the last year, 3,000+ jobs were posted by companies in our region for professionals in this field. As an office clerk, salaries start around $19,000 for entry-level positions. (Source: EMSI Career Coach)
This certificate prepares individuals for the role of support personnel in any for profit or nonprofit business/industry. An office administrative specialist provides assistance to managers in a variety of tasks involving the preparation of documents/reports, scheduling and/or participating in on-site or virtual meetings, and coordinating projects. Students are theoretically prepared in the practice of coordinating virtual meetings, customer relations, software applications, project management, and professionalism.
- Demonstrate competencies necessary to work as an office administrative specialist in all business/industry settings.
- Show proficiency in the use of document creation software and virtual meeting software options.
- Assist managers in all aspects of project management and organization
- Function effectively as a member of project teams.
- Perform with professionalism in various customer relations settings.
Requirements / Course Sequence
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College’s Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Office Administrative Specialist program.