Think about the best teacher you’ve ever had. What stands out? Did he have a great sense of humor? Did she have the ability to stay calm in the midst of chaos? Maybe you felt like you could go to him or her with important personal needs. Many educators went into this career because of a teacher they loved.
This program provides students with the knowledge to apply general education theory and practice to create effective learning environments and interactions for students of all ages. If you know you want to become a teacher, but are not sure about the age group or subject… this degree is perfect for you!
Our Teacher Education Transfer degree is an Associate of Arts, meaning it is designed to help any student easily transfer their associate degree credits from Penn Highlands to any bachelor’s degree in education at a four-year institution. Be confident in knowing that a degree from Penn Highlands will give you the foundation necessary to succeed in the education field.
- Demonstrate knowledge through critical reading and listening.
- Demonstrate knowledge of aesthetics and develop an appreciation for the creative process in the humanities.
- Communicate clearly, both orally and in written form.
- Integrate diverse disciplines.
- Use sound educational principles to understand the learning and behavior of children and adolescents and apply the principles to classroom practice.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to operate educational equipment.
Requirements / Course Sequence
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College’s Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Teacher Education Transfer program.