Over the last year, 1,400+ jobs were posted by companies in our region for professionals in this field. As a radiologic technologist, salaries start around $35,000 for entry-level positions. (Source: EMSI Career Coach)
How would you handle someone whose routine x-ray shows an emergency surgery situation? How would you cope with this type of responsibility? If you are motivated to help and seek the responsibility, then a career as a radiologic technologist would be up your alley.
Our Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Health Professions: Radiologic Technology prepares individuals for this fast-paced, technically demanding world. Radiologic Technologists deal with x-rays on a daily basis and our program gives you the confidence to succeed. Students will learn how to perform diagnostic radiographic procedures with ease.
Our Radiologic Technology program is offered in conjunction with Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center, helping graduates be ready for employment the day they leave Pennsylvania Highlands. Be ready to make important emergency situation decisions not too long from now.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, you have the option of completing the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) exam. There is also opportunity for professional growth and advancement in specialty areas such as ultrasound, nuclear medicine, radiation therapy, computerized automated tomography (CT), special procedures, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Possess the didactic knowledge and clinical skills needed to achieve a diagnostic radiograph.
- Evaluate radiographic images for positioning/technical quality.
- Maintain radiation protection for patients as well as for radiology personnel and other members of the healthcare team.
- Exhibit an empathetic approach in providing quality patient care.
- Possess a professional attitude expected of all healthcare providers.
- Incorporate ethico-legal guidelines in meeting the health needs of patient, family, and community.
- Demonstrate accomplishment of the terminal competencies and assume an entry level position as a Radiologic Technologist.
- 32 Credit Hours at Penn Highlands
- 32 Total Credit Hours at Conemaugh School of Radiologic Technology
Requirements / Course Sequence
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College’s Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Radiologic Technology program.