Welcome to opportunities in the field of health professions. If you would like to pursue a career in a health-related field, take the next step! Consider these exciting program options:
- Health Professions: Histotechnology (A.A.S.)
- Health Professions: Paramedic (A.A.S.)
- Health Professions: Radiologic Technology (A.A.S.)
- Healthcare Information Specialist (A.A.S.)
- Medical Assisting Technology (A.A.S.)
- Medical Coding Specialist (Diploma)
- Pharmacy Technician (Certificate)
- Pre-Health Professions (A.S.)
Health Professions Faculty
Ms. Calpin began her career with Pennsylvania Highlands as a full-time faculty member in August of 2014. She teaches courses in Health Sciences. Ms. Calpin has worked as a Registered Nurse at Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center. She has an M.S. in Nursing from Indiana University of Pennsylvania, and a B.S. in Nursing from the University of Pittsburgh.
Ms. Schmieder began her career with Pennsylvania Highlands as a full-time faculty member in August of 2007. Prior to that, she was employed as a Clinical Research Coordinator, Director of Clinical Services, Director of Nursing Services, and Staff Nurse. She teaches courses in Health Care Professions. Ms. Schmieder has an M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction from Clarion University and a B.S. in Nursing from St. Francis University.