Early Childhood Management & Leadership (Certificate)
Have you always dreamed of owning your own child care facility? Do you have the desire to ensure the children at your facility are provided with the most exceptional care and education? The Early Childhood Management Leadership Certificate will offer you the ability to further your career in that area.
The Early Childhood Management Leadership Certificate will provide students with education management and leadership courses as well as safety and community outreach classes, so they may successfully direct or own an early care and education program.
After graduating with this Early Childhood Management Leadership Certificate, recipients will be prepared to obtain the PA Director’s Credential if so desired, full description of the credential’s policies and procedures is available at http://www.pakeys.org/pages/get.aspx?page=Career_Degrees. All graduates will also be prepared to lead and manage Early Care and Education Programs.
- Demonstrate the promotion of positive relationships in verbal, non-verbal, and written communications for all children and adults, including staff, parent, and the community.
- Implement, monitor, evaluate, and revise curricula that foster growth in all domains of child development including cognitive, emotional, language, physical, social, and spiritual area.
- Use developmentally, culturally, diverse, and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching approaches and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Identify or design and implement ongoing assessments of child progress, and use qualitative and quantitative evaluation to assess effectiveness of desired outcomes.
- Use technology and personal conferences to communicate the importance of nutrition, health, and safety of children, staff, parents (guardians), and visitors.
- Employ and support qualified teaching staff by establishing standards for employment, staff development, and retention through the development of relevant policies, procedures, and forms.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with families through the development of many forms of communication including the use of technology.
- Establish and maintain relationships and use resources of the community by participating in collaborative programs that advance awareness of professional child care and early child hood education and demonstrating the incorporation of information into management activities.
- Provide a safe and healthy physical environment through application of the federal, state, and local regulations plus the application of best practice standards and accreditation as indicated through the developments of policy, procedure, and practice, inclusive of the special needs of all children.
- Implement strong program management policies that result in high-quality service using leadership concepts, best business practice, and adherence to the laws and regulations of the federal, state, and local governments.
Requirements / Course Sequence
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College's Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Early Childhood Management & Leadership program.
Online Certificate Option
Penn Highlands Online offers a flexible learning opportunity that can not only fit your mobile, on-the-go lifestyle, but can be completely personalized around your schedule. Through the College's Online Campus, you can complete a certificate in Early Childhood Management & Leadership. Please reference the following course progression chart for an idea of the coursework necessary to complete this program online.
Timeline: Early Childhood Management & Leadership Online Certificate
Spring 1 Semester (January - May)