Child Development Associate (Certificate)
Are you unsure of your career path, but feel you might like working with children? Would you like to “try out” what a possible education degree might be like, but not commit to an entire degree program? If so, our Child Development Associate certificate will fit you perfectly if this is your desired start for your career path.
The Child Development Associate Certificate will provide students with the introductory courses to determine if the field of education is truly for them. Even though this certificate is only nine credits, students will gaining professional knowledge, skills and abilities to benefit them early on in their career.
After graduating with this Child Development Associate Certificate, recipients will be prepared to work toward the Child Development Associate [CDA] credential. All graduates will also be prepared for any number of entry-level positions related to the child care profession.
The program objectives for this certificate will follow the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) standards as follows:
- Standard 1: Promoting Child Development and Learning
- Standard 2: Building Family and Community Relationships
- Standard 3: Observing, Documenting and Assessing to Support Young Children and Families
- Standard 4: Using Developmentally Effective Approaches to Connect with Children and Families
- Standard 5: Using Content Knowledge to Build Meaningful Curriculum
Requirements / Course Sequence
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College's Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Child Development Associate program.