Welding Technology (A.A.S.)
Do you like working with your hands? Does creating and sculpting large-scale projects sound intriguing? If you answered “yes”, entering into a career with our Associate of Applied Science in Welding Technology might work for you. Discover the fabrication and sculptural process that joins many metals and materials together in this program. It may also open the door to many other production careers.
Welding Technology teaches the basics and preps students for rapid advancement in shop planning, inspection, supervision, and so much more. Be ready to get your hands dirty as the program highlights hands-on training in various welding styles, while developing technical knowledge of blueprint reading, layout, metallurgy, and manipulative welding skills. Essentially, you will be confident in your skills and training once completing this program.
Our Welding Technology program will provide students with the foundation necessary to find success in the welding field or a closely-related profession. Be ready for immediate employment; be ready to put your detail-oriented skills to work!
- Apply technical knowledge needed in work situations which involve the welding of materials.
- Apply the skills necessary to handle welding and testing equipment associated with the various methods of welding.
- Select the appropriate tools and equipment to perform specific welding operations.
- Execute mechanical skills in an effective manner to perform a proper weld.
- Use welding tools and equipment in an effective and safe manner according to manufacturer's recommended procedures.
- Interpret and relate welding symbols and joint geometry information to established work patterns.
- Communicate effectively to solve problems and seek appropriate guidance when confronted with a problematic situation.
Requirements / Course Sequence
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College's Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Welding Technology program.