Medical Assisting Technology (A.A.S)
Have you always wanted to work in the medical field? Do you like helping people and making sure they are feeling strong and healthy? If you have this urge and want to be that generous person who helps people into exam rooms, takes vital signs, and helps run the office, then you would love to have a career as a medical assistant.
Our Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Medical Assisting Technology can help you fulfill your dream of working in a medical office. Students in this program will learn how to assist doctors with basic administrative and clinical tasks. They will know how to manage the office, handle medical billing, deal with insurance coding procedures, and more.
After degree completion, these students will be able to enter the medical profession as confident professionals, able to take vitals while running an entire office. Graduates will be ready to help keep our community a healthy and happy place.
Student Outcome: In the program's first year of accreditation, 85.71% of students from the original spring 2014/2015 cohort became gainfully employed in medical assisting or a related field.
- Perform administrative duties in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Perform clinical duties in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Demonstrate entry level skill in applying concepts of coding, insurance billing, finance and office procedures.
- Demonstrate computer literacy and basic knowledge of software applications.
- Develop interpersonal and team participation skills in a variety of settings.
- Implement critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Utilize teaching-learning techniques to identify, implement, and evaluate health education needs of patients.
- Apply legal guidelines and ethical standards in everyday practice.
Requirements / Course Sequence
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College's Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Medical Assisting Technology program.