Human Services - Generalist (A.A.S.)
Are you interested in entering into the counseling profession? Do you have a desire to empower people for personal growth and change? With an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Human Services - Generalist degree, you will get to handle that type of setting day in and day out.
Our Human Services - Generalist degree will help students learn and understand how to address the basic human needs of others. These students often go on to assist other professionals such as social workers to become professionals themselves. Our program provides all of the fundamentals necessary to find success and enter the field confidently.
Our A.A.S. program is designed to provide students the opportunity to enter into the job market as confident individuals. However, if graduates desire to, this program offers the easily transferable credits to pursue a bachelor's degree in human services or any related field.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental ethical and legal guidelines governing the field of Human Services.
- Express the basic elements of effectively employing interpersonal communications, team skills, and quality principles in the workplace.
- Apply knowledge of community resources to support client needs; use technology and information resources effectively; demonstrate skills and knowledge to identify and resolve problems/issues effectively in a target population, including program analyses.
- Develop communication and critical thinking skills including reading, writing, problem solving, evaluating and organizing.
- Appropriately apply psychosocial principles to diverse client situations; use research and evaluation techniques to make decisions about behaviors and programs.
Requirements / Course Sequence
All course requirements and the recommended sequence of courses for this program can be found through the College's Online Academic Catalog. Click here to access the catalog for details on our Human Services - Generalist program.