Area of Study: Health Professions
Welcome to opportunities in the field of health professions. If you would like to pursue a career in a health-related field, take the next step! Consider these exciting program options:
- Health Professions: Histotechnology (A.A.S.)
- Health Professions: Paramedic (A.A.S.)
- Health Professions: Radiologic Technology (A.A.S.)
- Healthcare Information Specialist (A.A.S.)
- Medical Assisting Technology (A.A.S.)
- Medical Coding Specialist (Diploma)
- Pharmacy Technician (Certificate)
- Pre-Health Professions (A.S.)
Health Professions Faculty
Ms. Tammy Calpin
Ms. Calpin began her career with Pennsylvania Highlands as a full-time faculty member in August of 2014. She teaches courses in Health Sciences. Ms. Calpin has worked as a Registered Nurse at Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center. She has a M.S. in Nursing from Indiana University of Pennsylvania, and a B.S. in Nursing from University of Pittsburgh.
Ms. Gaynelle Schmieder
Ms. Schmieder began her career with Pennsylvania Highlands as a full-time faculty member in August of 2007. Prior to that, she was employed as a Clinical Research Coordinator, Director of Clinical Services, Director of Nursing Services, and Staff Nurse. She teaches courses in Health Care Professions. Ms. Schmieder has a M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction from Clarion University and a B.S. in Nursing from St. Francis University.