Located in the Workforce Education Center of our Richland Campus, Workforce Development & Continuing Education and education partners work closely with our regional customers to deliver a diverse range of standard and customized training offerings. Working with your team, we deliver focused, time-efficient courses at your site or at one of our five locations located throughout the Southern Alleghenies.
Our Services Include
- Providing comprehensive assessment services to firms within the region.
- Enhancing the current skill base of employees.
- Providing the necessary training to improve the skill transferability of displaced workers and workers with disabilities.
- Acting as a catalyst to attract business/industry to the area because of our ability to train the needed talent pool.
- Being an in-house consulting agent for the development of degree granting and certification programs.
- Providing certification programs in occupations that meet specific industry and business skill requirements.
- Customizing training to meet customer needs.
- Conducting training at your site using our 20-seat mobile laptop lab or via video-teleconferencing for multi-site distance learning.
About our Courses
Our courses are designed to support regional business and industry workforce training goals that enhance the skill sets of incumbent and new workers. We offer Computer Training and General Business courses that will enhance worker performance. We also off a wide array of courses that prepare students/workers for a professional certification exam or lead them directly to a certificate of completion.
Many of our workforce training courses are designed to be delivered online in a self-paced format to expand your workers' knowledge of a subject or introduce them to new and exciting areas of learning as they continue to work. One of our most popular specialty training areas is in online IT Training programs. As a Microsoft® IT Academy partner, Penn Highlands is teamed with Knowledge Solutions International (KSI) to deliver training that includes some of the most sophisticated computer systems design, development, operations and security courses in the world. Most of these courses are designed to prepare students/workers to successfully pass certification exams pertinent to their professional area of expertise. Nationwide, the leading banking, industrial, healthcare, research, service and Internet-based businesses rely on these courses to ensure their continued competitiveness and security.
Penn Highlands is also a partner with the Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development, Workforce & Economic Development Network (WEDnetPA). The WEDnetPA program provides funding support for qualified Pennsylvania-based businesses and industry in need of essential skills and advanced technology worker training. Please see the WEDnetPA section of this Web site for more information on this excellent program that can save your company training dollars.
We are always seeking new ideas to help further expand training, education and special study opportunities in the business community. If you have an idea or suggestion, please contact us at 814.262.3815 or via email at email@example.com.