Quick Links

Pell Grant

The U.S. Department of Education allocates Federal Pell Grants to students who demonstrate financial need through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Only students who are enrolled in undergraduate programs and have not previously received a Bachelor's or professional degree can receive a Pell Grant.

Only certain students can receive a Pell Grant at a less than half-time enrollment status. Most students must be enrolled for at least six academic credits to receive this grant. Through the Pell Grant, students are eligible to receive up to $5,550 for the academic year.

As of the Fall 2012 semester, 66.1% of students received the Pell Grant and 33.9% did not.