Quick Links

Financial Aid Header

Types of Financial Aid


  • Pell Grant
  • PHEAA State Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)


Pennsylvania Highlands Community College awards Foundation Scholarships in August for the upcoming academic year. Students must be registered and must have applied for financial aid in order to receive consideration for a scholarship.

Federal Work-Study

The Federal Work-Study program provides jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses. As a part of the Federal Work-Study program, eligible students can work up to 15 hours per week and will receive $7.25 per hour.

Pennsylvania Highlands Community College offers work-study positions in the library, campus offices, labs and other areas of the college. The college pays wages through direct deposit on a biweekly basis. To apply for Federal Work-Study, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), Federal Work-Study forms, and interview with the position supervisor. Available jobs are posted at the Financial Aid Office and on myPEAK. Interested students may contact the Financial Aid Office for additional information and assistance.

Direct Stafford Loan

This is a student loan that must be repaid after the student graduates or enrolls for less than six credits. The loan is awarded on the basis of financial need, which means that interest will not be charged before repayment begins, or during authorized periods of deferments. With the Stafford Loan, students are awarded the base amount up to $3,500 for first year students and $4,500 second year. To learn more about the Direct Stafford Loan program click here.