Partnership with GACTC creates Pathways for Regional Growth
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College and the Greater Altoona Career and Technology Center (GACTC) have collaborated to help better serve Altoona residents and the surrounding region. The two institutions recently signed three additional articulation agreements allowing students to transfer credits earned from GACTC to associate degrees in Business Management, Healthcare Information Specialist, and Medical Assisting Technology at Pennsylvania Highlands Community College.
These agreements allow GACTC graduates the ability to apply a specific number of credits to Penn Highlands’ associate degrees. These agreements have established guidelines that will help students achieve their degree in the most cost-effective and timely manner possible.
With the addition of these agreements, there are eight articulation agreements in place between GACTC and Penn Highlands Community College. These program-to-program agreements include:
- Administrative Office Specialist to A.A.S. in Business Management (12 credits)
- Architectural Drafting and Design Technology to A.A.S. in Architectural/Civil: CAD and Design Technology (18 credits)
- Computer Technology to A.A.S. in Information Technology: Cyber Security (10 credits)
- Computer Technology to A.A.S. in Information Technology: Server Administration (10 credits)
- Computer Technology to A.A.S. in Information Technology: Network Administration (6 credits)
- Medical Assistant to A.A.S. in Healthcare Information Specialist (15 credits)
- Medical Assistant to A.A.S. in Medical Assisting Technology (10 credits)
- Welding to A.A.S. in Welding Technology (10 credits)
“We are committed to helping students find easy-to-navigate career pathways,” said Dr. Walter Asonevich, College President. “These agreements provide students with confidence in knowing their credits earned at the local career and technology center are transferable to an associate degree program.”
The Pennsylvania Highlands Blair Center is located in the Logan Valley Mall. The College has additional locations throughout the Southern Alleghenies region in Cambria, Huntingdon, and Somerset counties.